21 Days Lockdown Series

When Corona pandemic hits the country it hits each and everyone, big or small, rich or poor, woman or man, old or young. But getting away with it there is only one thing you can do and is to stay at home. While this is ongoing and as a mandate from the Government we have to stay at home at least for 21 days which started from last midnight. 

Everyday is still a new day but with few mandatory changes in the life style we follow. Here I will write how I spent each and every day of lockdown while working from home. 

Here it goes 

21 Days Lockdown Day 1

The morning started very unusual than earlier. The birds were chirping but were less as usual. No monkeys were seen on the terrace of the opposite building. More noticeable was that no one rang the door bell since morning. As no outsider can enter our society premises so there is no milkman, no maid, no cook, no service man, none. 

The morning hustle bustle of the society is also missing. We don't hear kids playing in the compound with their friends or rushing to catch the school van, there is even no construction work happening in the building adjacent to ours. There is utter silence everywhere. 

We don't even see people standing on their balconies or talking to neighbors. The social distance is such that people have distant themselves locked down in their homes with their immediate family only. 

Though an unusual thing happened with me today. Due to my ill health I was in no capacity to work through the day so surprisingly I myself told my boss that I need a day off (even from work from home thing), I won't be able to stretch through the day. As sweetheart which she is and is aware that how this lockdown may give an adverse affect on someone's mental health. She just asked is it coz of that? then we are not doing any justice to ourselves. As humble I could be I told her no my sanity is still intact and its only coz my body is not supporting and I need rest . 

I then slept and slept, slept like a log for the whole day. I deliberately turned off my mobile data and wifi and shut down the laptop not to get trapped in the any discussion about work or Corona or any gossip in any of the groups on watsapp or anywhere on social media. 

I must admit this has made myself strong enough and allowed me to sleep well, to eat well and more importantly to think well and to be with my own self. The result is that not becoming the douche bag or the couch potato I picked up a free flowing fountain pen from my Father's collection of antique pens and started writing all this before I posted it online as my blog series of 21 days lock down. 

I have also observed and have decided myself that to keep our sanity alive and not to be carried away by the work from home thing; it is must to do the things which are pending to complete, have been on your "Wishlist" till now or are your hobbies which are lost somewhere or locked under the blanket of life, work, family or even your own over burdened thoughts. 

Let them loose and get going. 

Post everyday at least for these 21 days one thing you did with full passion. I will be adding in this list and the series of the blog at least one activity per day to keep my sanity alive. It can be anything either a phone call to an old lost friend, a poem written, a book you read, mediatate, pray, self care, self groom, cleaning of room, stacking up the almirah, clearing up junk from email, phone, laptop, cooking, getting ready and clicking your own picture, telling someone how much you love them and miss them, singing (even if you are not a good singer), dancing, decorating your room....the list is endless; pick one for the day and work upon that and post it and praise yourself that how beautifully you achieved what you decided for today. 

Follow the series to read the poem which I wrote today on Day 1 of 21 Days Lockdown 25-03-2020

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Restructure your Corporate Model

FISH Philosophy!!!

Building Bully- Free Workplace