Feel the Pain of using a Pen

Gone are the days when people use to have "Pain" in using the "Pen". It has been rightly said that "Pen is mighter than sword" but I think now a days it is the power of keys; keys of your keyboard; keys which changes your luck.

Now you must be wondering why I am showing my concern of not using Pen; yes it happened today that I uttered these words to one of my colleague (few lines) "...so you don't feel the pain of using a pen..." As per him since ages he has stopped using a pen and only thing he has used to write down something is his laptop.

I wonder how one can rely so badly on a system made by human; how you can be surely become a paperless person. I look back to the days when my dad use to send me hand written letters during his long tours and then would expect us to reply him back soon. He always tells me the good things happens that every time we write our handwriting would be more crisp and it will also give a strong recall to what we learned during our school days; our language. I don't know if my language has gone beyond heights but yes I can say till the time I was regularly writing my hand writing was good enough.

Coming back to the long distance communication; now the scenario is such we are just a click away; either its an email or sms or a phone call but no hand written letters. We cherish having a treasure of those old hand written letters which we shared over the years now.

But is it not happening that we are becoming helpless without our laptops or desktops? Now when we have to write a phrase we always say let me first key in some words and then I can give you an idea; the Microsoft dictionary helps us to correct our spellings; to get good words; where were these options earlier? We always had to sit with a dictionary in hand while writing something. often I see now everywhere its a paperless scenario and if this will be the case soon it will overpower the world; as now we can see the diminishing power of some thing which is hand written.

No doubt there are many people who still believes in writing something every day and are maintaining some sort of books but the percentage is very low now. There may be different reasons time, interest, knowledge, ability....etc....but still I would say that pen is mighter than sword.

Irrespective of you becoming a paperless person; you have to use a pen not only for your TO DO list but for your own good self. The technology should not overpower the human brain, as there were many human brains behind the creation of these technologies.

Happy Writing...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Restructure your Corporate Model

FISH Philosophy!!!

Building Bully- Free Workplace