I Accuse... BOOK REVIEW

"I Accuse..." by Jarnail Singh, with Foreward from one of my favourite authors of all the time Khushwant singh. (Iam just obsessed with his writing.)
 
This is all about how 1984 riots started and how the community got badly affected and the aftermath. The black days as I call them...
 
While I was reading this book, I could easily picturize the anecdotes, the loot scenes, the scenes which shows the atrocities done on the community. Why so, one may ask cause these were those black days and nights during which my family also struggled to save their religious beliefs, their business, family members especially the men.
 
I was merely 4 years then but my grandmother use to share the stories so as the other elders in the family. Even if the names in the book are different from those of my known people but the stories are just the same. I saw their faces while going through the pages, i saw our oldest house and the community area where the elders use to sit and gossip and play and how that area and every nook and corner of the nearby vicinity was coloured in blood.
 
One would say these are normal riot scenes between any community, but what they don't understand the trauma it carries with them throughout generations to come.
 
When she use to share us the stories of Pakistan and how they had to leave everything and move to India, how then 84 riots happened, how then other prominent riots happen....these are still in a clear picture to me...may be that is why I am always intrigued to read these kind of books and stories or even watch movies, how i am more intrigued in reading all this. It comes from the passion my family has always shown together and how they are still living up to the legacy our ancestors had started.
 
 


PS: these are my personal thoughts on the book. 
 
#bookreview #manmeetdawar #khushwantsingh #1984 #1984sikhgenocide #1984riots #sikhcommunity #riots #booksonriots #oldstories #ancestralstories #bedtimestories #grandmotherstories #recitestories 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Restructure your Corporate Model

FISH Philosophy!!!

Building Bully- Free Workplace